200 word challenge – climber and photographer

This is my writing task, it was supposed to be a 200 word challenge but I ended up getting it to a 300 word challenge.

200 Word Challenge – Descriptive Language

Who is in the photo? A boy and a girl wearing a bright red jumper
What is happening in the photo? The girl is taking a photo of the boy while he’s climbing the mountain
Where was the photo taken? On a mountain
What makes this exciting? That the boy is climbing the mountain without any ropes while the girl is also climbing but looking back with the camera pointed towards the boy
How do you think the characters feel? Climber:  confident Photographer:  focused

Write a 200 Word recount as either the CLIMBER or the PHOTOGRAPHER.

Remember; your challenge is to use DESCRIPTIVE Language to SHOW, not TELL your audience what is happening.

Begin your writing here: For a long time me and my brother had been planning on going to the mountains we lived by. We had organised to go tomorrow since we didn’t have anything planned. That night I found it really hard to go to sleep because of how excited I was. I was thinking about how fun it’s going to be and I was also thinking about all the things I’d have to pack for our trip.

Eventually I fell asleep, but I woke up at 6 AM so I had only gotten between 3-4 hours of sleep that night. I rolled out of bed but then the thought of climbing the mountain rushed into my head and I quickly stood up and started getting ready. I was more energetic now and I was rushing myself while also multitasking.

A few minutes later I sprinted out of my room and I was ready to go, I walked out of the house and outside to the car and waited for my brother to get ready.

A few hours later we found ourselves standing in front of the mountain and it was HUGE!! We then walked up the mountain but it was really hard because our bags were so heavy, but we kept on climbing. It took an hour and a few minutes to get to our destination but we made it and the view was amazing. I then got my ropes ready and my camera set up, but before we started to climb we had a quick drink break so we were ready and we had a good rest.

Later on, my brother started to climb to the side and up. While he was getting in place I secured my rope to a pole and made sure it was safe to go down, so I jumped down (carefully) with my camera in my hand. My brother was ready and I was as well, I then pointed the camera at him and he started to climb.

A few hours later we were climbing back up, we had finished with the photos and we were walking down the mountain, back to the car. When we got home we ran excitedly inside and we looked through the photos and they were so cool! We were both impressed with our work but our legs hurt from walking so much and climbing a lot, we had a lot of rest and that day will probably be in my mind for the rest of my life.